Area of expertise
- Motor Vehicle Law
- Public & Product Liability
- Workers Compensation
- Section 151Z recoveries
Partner DipLaw (LPAB), Accredited Specialist in Personal Injury Law
phone +61 2 4911 5479
Since being admitted in 1998, Kim’s experience has included advising and acting for Scheme agents for both icare and SICorp predominantly in relation to work injury damages claims but also statutory benefit disputes; advising and acting for public liability insurers in relation to indemnity, dual insurance and contractual issues in multi-party litigation and advising and acting for CTP insurers acting in numerous catastrophic CTP and liability claims, including brain damage, quadriplegic, paraplegic and multiple fatality litigation.
Kim has been involved in litigation in the Local Courts and District Courts of NSW, the Workers Compensation Commission, the Supreme Court of NSW, NSW Court of Appeal, District Court of Western Australia and the High Court of Australia plus claims in the Claims Assessment and Resolution Service (CARS).
- Representation of Scheme agents for both icare and SICorp in Workers Compensation Commission proceedings and Mediation Hearings
- Advising insurers in relation to both policy and statutory interpretation relevant to issues of indemnity
- Defending CTP and liability claims for corporate clients requiring engagement and liaison with experts in the fields of incident reconstruction, biomechanical analyses, financial accounting analysis, architecture / building design and pharmacology
- Providing advice and acting for corporate insurer clients in Sharing disputes pursuant to the NSW CTP Scheme
- Undertaking training in assessment of permanent impairment Australian Medical Association and the Motor Accident Authority Whole Person Impairment Guidelines) at the University of Sydney’s Northern Clinical School
- Representation for corporate insurer clients at the Claims Assessment and Resolution Service (CARS) and the Medical Assessment Service (MAS)
- Acting in multi-party litigation and advising corporate clients in relation to the interplay between the operation of the Civil Liability Act 2002 (NSW), the Workers Compensation Act 1987 (NSW) and the Motor Accidents Compensation Act 1999 (NSW)
- Litigating and defending workers compensation recovery actions pursuant to Section 151Z
- Advising in relation to dual insurance issues
- Acting both against and on behalf of the Nominal Defendant pursuant to the Motor Accidents Compensation Act
- Advocacy experience in the District Court of NSW, Supreme Court of NSW, Claims Assessment and Resolution Service (CARS) and Workers Compensation Commission.
- Law Society of NSW