Area of expertise
- Builders Warranty
- Professional Indemnity
- Commercial Construction
- Recovery Claims
Partner LLB, BA
phone +61 3 8687 7366
Mark specialises in insurance and construction law with a strong focus on builders warranty insurance. He acts across most jurisdictions in Australia for the major players in this sector and has wide-ranging experience acting for them at both the claim and litigation stages as well as in the recovery process. He has also delivered many in-house training seminars for builders warranty insurers
In addition to Mark’s expertise in builders warranty insurance, he has extensive experience acting for professional indemnity insurers for professionals in the building and construction industry, including engineers, building surveyors and architects.
Mark also acts for a number of developers and builders in connection with commercial construction matters in both a front end (drafting of contracts) and back end (litigation) capacity.
Mark has particular experience in:
- Advising and acting in large builders warranty claims
- Advising and acting in complex professional indemnity matters
- Drafting building and construction contracts for both developers and builders
- Specialising in recovery actions for builders warranty insurers pursuant to both subrogated rights and securities such as deeds of indemnity and bank guarantees.
- Building Dispute Practitioners Society
- Law Society of NSW