Area of expertise
- Motor Vehicle Law
- Public Liability
Partner LLB, BA
phone +61 2 4911 5405
Michelle has specialised in insurance law and litigation for over fifteen years. She has extensive experience in compulsory third party, public liability and workers compensation recovery actions. Michelle’s experience extends to matters involving indemnity, contractual and dual insurance issues. She manages claims involving catastrophic injuries, nervous shock and the Compensation to Relatives Act.
Michelle’s clients include a number of national and international insurers, as well as other stakeholders in the insurance industry. She has managed liability claims for proceedings against mining corporations, commercial retailers, occupiers, landlords, hotels, and owners of residential premises.
Michelle’s experience also entails:
- Personal injury litigation and claims involving catastrophic injuries as well as paraplegia, amputations and traumatic brain injury
- Litigation in relation to property damage claims
- Acting on behalf of the Nominal Defendant pursuant to the Motor Accidents Compensation Act 1999
- Representing corporate clients in claims brought in the Claims Assessment and Resolution Service and the Medical Assessment Service
- Defending liability and CTP claims requiring the engagement of experts in the fields of accident reconstruction, biomechanical analysis, building design, pharmacology, and financial accounting analysis.
Michelle has been involved in litigation in the Local Courts and District Courts of NSW, the Supreme Court of NSW, County Court of Victoria, Magistrates Court of Victoria, Family Court of Australia, Compensation Court of NSW, Children’s Court of NSW, NSW Court of Appeal and claims in the CARS.
- Australian Insurance Law Association
- Law Society of NSW
- Newcastle Law Society