Area of expertise
- Directors & Officers
- Financial Institutions
- Health Law
- Professional Indemnity
- Policy Drafting
phone +61 7 3225 5968
Anthony specialises in professional indemnity litigation and policy advice across the finance, property, legal and construction professions, including insurance and mortgage brokers, accountants, financial planners, solicitors, barristers, engineers, architects, surveyors, doctors, hospitals, valuers and real estate agents.
Anthony also advises on coverage and manages claims arising under management liability policies, including fidelity, defamation, directors and officers, EPL and statutory liability.
His clients include domestic and international insurers and the London market.
Anthony is consistently ranked as ‘Pre-eminent’ in the Doyle’s Guide to Leading Professional Indemnity Lawyers in Queensland. He is also consistently ranked for Insurance, Professional Malpractice Litigation and Medical Negligence in the peer-reviewed Best Lawyers® in Australia report published annually by the Australian Financial Review.
Anthony is a Committee Member of the National Insurance Lawyers Group of the Law Council of Australia, the peak body for lawyers in Australia.
Recent matters Anthony has successfully defended to hearing include claims against:
- An engineer involved in the construction of a multi-purpose centre at a school (Christian Community Ministries Ltd v Intelara Pty Ltd)
- An engineer who escaped liability in reliance on a time based contractual limitation clause (Surfstone Pty Ltd v Morgan Consulting Engineers Pty Ltd)
- A builder, which was dismissed for want of prosecution (Ferrari Estate Holdings Pty Ltd v Cooktown Earthmoving & Quarrying Pty Ltd & Anor)
- An architect involved in the design of a fast food restaurant (Bryant v Competitive Foods Australia Pty Ltd & Ors)
October 26, 2015
Surfstone Pty Ltd & Anor v Morgan Consulting Engineers Pty Ltd  QSC 290 A contractual limitation of liability clause contained…Continue reading
September 1, 2016
Surfstone Pty Ltd & Anor v Morgan Consulting Engineers Pty Ltd  QCA 213 Background In proceedings filed in 2014, the…Continue reading
- Australian Professional Indemnity Group
- Law Council of Australia