Area of expertise
- Builders Warranty
- Professional Indemnity
- Contract drafting
- Litigation, mediation & arbitration
- Adjudication under 'Security of Payment' legislation
Bill Papastergiadis OAM
Managing Partner Melbourne LLB (Hons), BEc
phone +61 3 8687 7358
Bill is a recognised leader in construction law and litigation.
He acts extensively in professional liability and in the conduct of professional risk claims against all professionals in the construction area including all of the municipalities in Victoria.
Bill has also provided advice to the majority of Australia’s builders warranty insurers. The advices included matters relating to policy interpretation, the conduct of litigation and underwriting issues. He has also assisted insurers and their claims staff on risk management strategy and recently drafted builders warranty insurance policies on a national basis for a number of leading insurers.
Bill has extensive experience in construction law including acting in regard to the conduct of claims against architects, builders, engineers, surveyors, project managers, municipalities, subcontractors, developers, owners and suppliers.
He provides specialist services including advice on contract design and drafting to developers, proprietors, building companies, project managers, specialist consultants and engineering firms.
Bill has provided advice and negotiated agreements for numerous large construction projects on behalf of a number of developers.
Some of his major projects include:
- The largest warehouse in the southern hemisphere for Murray Goulburn
- The Smorgon Steel Facility
- University Hill Project exceeding $1 billion
- Docklands commercial and residential towers exceeding $100 million
- The joint venture agreements between MAB Corporation and Grocon for the purchase of the CUB / RMIT site to house ANZ Bank headquarters ($460 million)
- Agreements for Vogue South Yarra residential tower ($250 million).
Clients commended Bill as a ‘highly skilful negotiator’. Industry publications notably describe him as ‘intelligent and well considered advice’ and ‘quality leadership in his team which ensures consistency in the advice provided.’
Bill is an accredited Adjudicator under the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act 2002 (Vic).
- Adjudicate Today – Adjudicator under the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act 2002 (VIC)
- Australia China Business Council
- Building Dispute Practitioners Society
- Housing Industry Association
- Law Institute of Victoria