Area of expertise
- Health Law
- Health Law & Medical Negligence
- Professional Indemnity
- Disciplinary Proceedings
- Coronial Inquests
- Public Liability
Partner BOccThy, LLB (Hons), LLM
phone +61 7 3225 5966
Christine practises health law, professional indemnity and public liability.
She has practised continuously in the health law field since 2001 and has extensive experience advising public and private health care facilities and medical practitioners.
Prior to her career in law, Christine practised as an occupational therapist. During the period 1995-1997 Christine worked in psychiatry, firstly at the Winston Noble Unit at the Prince Charles Hospital (where she managed both an inpatient and outpatient case load) and later undertaking locums at Greenslopes Private Hospital.
Christine has conducted matters in the Health Practitioners Tribunal, the Administrative Appeals Tribunal, and the Commercial and Consumer Tribunal. Christine currently has the conduct of a number of matters in the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal.
Christine’s broader health law experience includes:
- Assisting the Medical Board of Queensland with respect to professional conduct investigations and disciplinary proceedings
- Assisting medical practitioners and health care facilities in Coronial Inquests
- The management of medical negligence claims including catastrophic claims, such as claims by those suffering quadriplegia, paraplegia and birth injuries and dependency claims
- Assisting health care professionals with respect to professional conduct investigations and disciplinary proceedings instituted by regulatory bodies
- Assisting medical practitioners with the provision of statements and submissions to the Queensland Police Service, the Health Quality and Complaints Commission, the Crimes and Misconduct Commission, professional and regulatory bodies, and the Ethical Standards Unit of Queensland Health
- Representing health professionals in Royal Commissions / Commissions of Inquiry.
- Medico-Legal Society of Queensland
- Queensland Law Society