Area of expertise
- Directors & Officers
- Financial Institutions
- Professional Indemnity
- Class actions
- Employment practices liability
- Management liability
- Policy drafting and interpretation
Special Counsel LLB, BA(Psychology)
phone +61 2 8651 4729
Elizabeth’s practice focuses primarily on directors and officers and professional indemnity claims, providing coverage advice and defence of litigated claims and product development.
Prior to returning to private practice in early 2019, she developed stand out expertise in financial lines insurance during 20 years of industry experience in claims and product development in Australia and Asia.
Elizabeth has extensive experience in directors & officers liability, professional indemnity and fidelity claims including:
- high value securities class action claims
- regulatory investigations against companies and individuals
- professional indemnity claims against financial institutions, solicitors, barristers, accountants, financial planners, architects, engineers, stock brokers and migration agents.
She also has extensive policy drafting experience, being instrumental in the development of several policy forms, including Primary D&O and professional indemnity policies.
Brief career highlights include:
- involvement in most of the securities class actions in Australia
- managing a financial institutions portfolio during the Hayne Royal Commission
- managing professional indemnity claims against solicitors at LawCover as a Claims Solicitor. These claims arose from a range of matters such as commercial disputes, civil litigation, property transactions, criminal proceedings and personal injury.
Prior to her insurance roles, Elizabeth was employed in private practice as a commercial litigator, acting in insolvency, commercial and insurance matters.
- Australian Professional Indemnity Group