Area of expertise
- Financial Institutions
- Professional Indemnity
- Directors & Officers
Partner LLB, BCom
phone +61 3 8687 7357
Jeremy practices in insurance law, specialising in professional indemnity claims.
He has worked both in-house and in private practice.
With over 10 years’ experience, Jeremy acts for a wide range of insured professionals including architects, accountants, real estate agents, engineers, valuers, insurance brokers, and health professionals, ranging from physiotherapists to hand therapists. He also acts for professionals in disciplinary actions.
Prior to joining Moray & Agnew, Jeremy spent a number of years working in the London insurance market with Zurich London and through this in-house experience he gained a keen appreciation of the demands faced by insurers’ claims handling personnel.
Jeremy also has a close interest in the progression of the industry and seeks to contribute to the development of industry members through his participation on the Victorian committee of the Australian Professional Indemnity Group.
His recent experience includes:
- Acting for a head building contractor in a multi-million dollar, multi-party matter arising from the collapse of a wall at a shopping centre
- Acting for the insurer of a director accused by ASIC of stock market manipulation
- Acting in numerous claims against financial planners in Court and in the form of complaints to the Financial Ombudsman Service
- Acting in a multi million dollar claim against a valuer in relation to a valuation for a proposed substantial retirement village development
- Defending disciplinary proceedings against insured health professionals
- Acting as coverage counsel for the insurer of directors involved in a Supreme Court action, including negotiating a defence costs allocation agreement.
April 27, 2016
Introduction The issue of ‘indirect market based’ causation has been an evolving one, particularly in the context of shareholder class actions.…Continue reading
- Australian Professional Indemnity Group