Area of expertise
- Builders Warranty
- Building disputes
- Property damage
- Motor vehicle claims
- Recovery claims
Partner LLB, BA
phone +61 3 8687 7366
With over a decade of insurance litigation experience, Mark has developed a strong reputation amongst insurers across multiple risk areas. Initially specialising in home warranty insurance and recoveries, Mark has branched out in recent years, expanding his practice to include acting for a number of leading insurers in a broad range of subrogated property damage claims arising from, among other things, building and plumbing works, the Australian Consumer Law and general negligence. He is also highly regarded for efficiently managing a practice which includes dealing with a high volume of motor vehicle defence and recovery claims.
Mark has prepared in-house training seminars for insurers and is noted for employing cost-effective and pragmatic approaches to each claim / file. He has acted for most of the major insurers across most jurisdictions in Australia.
Mark has particular experience in:
- Advising and acting in large builders warranty claims
- Acting in claims pursuant to the ACL, such as complex product liability matters against suppliers and manufacturers
- Specialising in recovery actions for insurers pursuant to both subrogated rights and securities such as deeds of indemnity
- Advising and acting in domestic building disputes.
- Building Dispute Practitioners Society
- Law Society of NSW