Area of expertise
- Builders Warranty
- Dust & Toxic Tort
- General Insurance
- Property & Industrial Special Risk Claims
- Public & Product Liability
- Occupiers Liability
Partner LLB, Grad Cert Legal Practice
phone +61 3 8687 7342
Nigel has vast experience representing all major insurers, self-insured corporations and public authorities.
Nigel predominantly practices in insurance litigation, particularly the defence of personal injury and property damage matters as varied as:
- Liability and Road Management Act claims against local government authorities, non-government organisations and recreational bodies
- Liability claims against licenced premises, manufacturers, occupiers and high-risk facilities
- Liability claims against telecommunications providers
- Property damage claims, including commercial and domestic construction, electrical, plumbing, water, underground assets, agriculture and motor vehicle / mechanical engineering (including catastrophic engine failure)
- Defence of WorkCover recovery actions and related common law actions
- Prosecuting recovery actions on behalf of manufacturers, supermarkets, shopping centres and telecommunications providers
- Representing a professional indemnity insurer in solicitors’ negligence claims.
Nigel also manages a national recovery practice in which he has acted in hundreds of property damage recovery claims for a prominent telecommunications provider.
He is also our Melbourne Pro Bono Partner and a member of our National Pro Bono Committee, having forged a strong relationship with the Inner Melbourne Community Legal centre and overseeing a free legal clinic staffed by the firm’s lawyers.
Nigel is an experienced advocate, having successfully represented clients before a wide range of state courts and tribunals.
With a strong commitment to alternative dispute resolution, Nigel has appeared in a large number of successful mediations and compulsory conferences.
May 31, 2017
Introduction The Victorian Court of Appeal has considered the construction of various key provisions of the Road Management Act 2004 (Vic)…Continue reading
- Law Institute of Victoria