Area of expertise
- Builders Warranty
- Dust & Toxic Tort
- General Insurance
- Property & Industrial Special Risk Claims
- Public & Product Liability
- Occupiers Liability
Partner LLB, Grad Cert Legal Practice
phone +61 3 8687 7342
Nigel practices in insurance litigation, specialising in liability and section 138 recovery claims.
He has vast experience in representing major insurers, self insured corporations and public authorities across various industries including manufacturing, telecommunications and government.
Nigel’s experience spans:
- Defending large and complex public liability claims for a blue-chip telecommunications provider (predominantly ‘slips and trips’)
- Defending public and general liability claims against manufacturers, occupiers of premises and high-risk facilities, local government authorities, non-government organisations and recreational bodies
- Defending claims relating to licensed premises, including ‘bouncer’ cases
- Defending WorkCover recovery actions and common law recovery actions arising from such as the use of labour-hire employees
- Prosecuting section 138 actions on behalf of manufacturers, supermarkets and shopping centres
- Obtaining injunctions and prosecuting claims relating to the wrongful use and detention of property
- Representing a professional indemnity insurer in solicitor’s negligence claims.
Nigel has extensive experience acting in property damage recovery claims, having previously developed a national recovery practice in which he managed and acted in hundreds of claims for a prominent telecommunications provider.
Nigel is an experienced advocate, having successfully represented clients before a wide range of state courts and tribunals.
With a strong commitment to alternative dispute resolution, Nigel has appeared in a large number of successful mediations and compulsory conferences.
May 31, 2017
Introduction The Victorian Court of Appeal has considered the construction of various key provisions of the Road Management Act 2004 (Vic)…Continue reading
- Australian Insurance Law Association
- Law Institute of Victoria