Area of expertise
- Builders Warranty
- Professional Indemnity
- General Insurance
Senior Consultant BA (Hons), Dip Law
phone +61 3 8687 7355
Stephen has extensive litigation experience and has undertaken numerous cases on behalf of builders warranty insurers for over 11 years.
In addition to litigated matters, Stephen has drafted policy wordings for builders warranty insurers for use in Victoria and other Australian jurisdictions.
He has also acted on behalf of municipalities, surveyors, architects, engineers, real estate agents, insurance brokers, financial planners, accountants, auditors, company directors and officers and solicitors.
Stephen practises in Victoria and Tasmania and litigates in the Federal Court, Supreme Court, County Court, Magistrates Court and the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal.
His recent experience include:
- Acting for the directors and officers’ insurer of a company purchased by a subsidiary of a major national retail group in respect of Victorian Supreme Court proceedings (arising from the takeover) brought by the subsidiary against the directors of the target company and others
- Acting for the custodian of a managed investment scheme in a group proceeding brought by investors in the Federal Court
- Acting for a financial planner in multi party litigation in the Supreme Court of Victoria arising from investments in the development of Melbourne’s Telstra Dome
- Acting for the professional indemnity insurer of a contractor involved in a multi party action in the Victorian Supreme Court concerning the TNT freight terminal in Laverton, Victoria
- Representing a firm of NSW solicitors in a defamation proceeding brought by a well known Melbourne law firm.
Stephen is a regular contributor to Moray & Agnew’s monthly newsletter Legal Directions.
- Australian Insurance Law Association
- Australian Professional Indemnity Group
- Building Dispute Practitioners Society
- Law Institute of Victoria