Area of expertise
- General Insurance
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Property & Industrial Special Risk Claims
- Public & Product Liability
- Professional Indemnity
- Insurance Policy Coverage Issues
Partner LLB, Accredited Specialist in Personal Injury
phone +61 2 9234 4565
Tim joined Moray & Agnew in October 2000. He specialises in liability insurance litigation, with a particular emphasis on public and product liability, property damage and professional indemnity claims.
He is a Law Society of NSW Accredited Specialist in Personal Injury and is also a member of the Australian Professional indemnity Group and Australian Insurance Law Association.
Tim has handled numerous large, complex and high profile public and product liability claims. Handling claims of this nature has given Tim particular expertise in the management of major claims, particularly in the analysis and assessment of complex heads of damages.
Tim’s experience extends to advising clients on policy coverage and interpretation, dual insurance and contractual indemnity issues.
Tim has extensive experience in conducting litigation in various jurisdictions including the NSW Court of Appeal, NSW and ACT Supreme Courts and NSW District Court.
He is also a proactive participant in formal and informal dispute resolution procedures, with the objective of facilitating early resolution of claims.
His experience includes:
- Successfully defending a construction company and its insurer in respect to a significant site accident suffered by an employee of a sub contractor
- Representing a farm machinery retailer and its insurer in respect to claims of a defective product and negligent advice resulting in a catastrophic brain injury (damages initially assessed in excess of $14 million), which was successfully resolved in the Court of Appeal
- Representing a film director and production company and their insurers in respect of claims of negligent set management causing significant injuries to an actor
- Representing an abattoir and its insurer in respect of an alleged meat contamination claim which involved nationwide recall.
- Australian Insurance Law Association
- Law Society of NSW