Moray & Agnew boasts an experienced, respected and approachable team with an extensive track record in the management, and conduct, of health and regulatory matters. A number of our lawyers have a background in healthcare and, as such, understand the environments in which health practitioners practice. Team members have also attained specialist post-graduate qualifications in health law.
Moray & Agnew provides advice and litigation assistance to medical defence organisations, commercial insureds and other clients, including with respect to:
- Civil litigation, including catastrophic injuries, birth injuries and dependency claims
- Disciplinary investigations and proceedings
- Impairment and registration matters
- Coronial inquests
- State Department of Health Investigations
- State Police Service Investigations
- Commissions of Inquiry
- Administrative/merits and judicial review matters
- Medicare investigations and Professional Service Review matters under the Health Insurance Act 1973
- Employment and training disputes
- Statutory Prosecutions, pursuant to the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law (as enacted in the various States)
- Statutory Interpretation.
Our team members have managed a number of large and high profile matters – some of which have generated considerable media interest – competently, sensitively and with discretion.
The team is applauded for "exceptional knowledge, experience and expertise in a specialised field" and a readiness to tackle the most intractable issues, one client speaking of its "really fantastic" handling of "a pretty complex matter – picking up a bit of a dog's breakfast and coming up with a really creative, proactive strategy there."
Chambers Asia Pacific, 2020