Moray & Agnew boasts an experienced, respected and approachable team with an extensive track record in the management, and conduct, of health and regulatory matters. A number of our lawyers have a background in healthcare and, as such, understand the environments in which health practitioners practice. Team members have also attained specialist post-graduate qualifications in health law.
Moray & Agnew provides advice and litigation assistance to medical defence organisations, commercial insureds and other clients, including with respect to:
- Civil litigation, including catastrophic injuries, birth injuries and dependency claims
- Disciplinary investigations and proceedings
- Impairment and registration matters
- Coronial inquests
- State Department of Health Investigations
- State Police Service Investigations
- Commissions of Inquiry
- Administrative/merits and judicial review matters
- Medicare investigations and Professional Service Review matters under the Health Insurance Act 1973
- Employment and training disputes
- Statutory Prosecutions, pursuant to the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law (as enacted in the various States)
- Statutory Interpretation.
Our team members have managed a number of large and high profile matters – some of which have generated considerable media interest – competently, sensitively and with discretion.
The NSW Court of Appeal found that a claim was caught by the motor accidents legislation, notwithstanding that the worker alleged…Find out more
Moray & Agnew specialises in insurance work and acts for all the major Australian insurers. Names to note in Geoff Connellan’s team include … Suzanne Wallace, who wins plaudits for her ‘vast knowledge of insurance legislation’.
Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2017