Moray & Agnew boasts an experienced, respected and approachable team with an extensive track record in the management, and conduct, of health and regulatory matters. A number of our lawyers have a background in healthcare and, as such, understand the environments in which health practitioners practice. Team members have also attained specialist post-graduate qualifications in health law.
Moray & Agnew provides advice and litigation assistance to medical defence organisations, commercial insureds and other clients, including with respect to:
- Civil litigation, including catastrophic injuries, birth injuries and dependency claims
- Disciplinary investigations and proceedings
- Impairment and registration matters
- Coronial inquests
- State Department of Health Investigations
- State Police Service Investigations
- Commissions of Inquiry
- Administrative/merits and judicial review matters
- Medicare investigations and Professional Service Review matters under the Health Insurance Act 1973
- Employment and training disputes
- Statutory Prosecutions, pursuant to the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law (as enacted in the various States)
- Statutory Interpretation.
Our team members have managed a number of large and high profile matters – some of which have generated considerable media interest – competently, sensitively and with discretion.
The NSW Court of Appeal held that, if an expert opinion is to carry any weight, it must sufficiently outline the…Find out more
The team is applauded for "exceptional knowledge, experience and expertise in a specialised field" and a readiness to tackle the most intractable issues, one client speaking of its "really fantastic" handling of "a pretty complex matter – picking up a bit of a dog's breakfast and coming up with a really creative, proactive strategy there."
Chambers Asia Pacific, 2020